top banner

Our History

A new tradition in funeral care.

"A Heritage of Compassionate Service"

/Dusckas-TaylorFuneralHome/Founder.jpg

C.J. "Gus" Dusckas
(1915 - 1988)


In 1946, after returning home from service in World War II, C.J. "Gus" Dusckas opened a funeral home in Erie's East Side at 2607 Buffalo Road. His attention to detail and compassion set a standard for funeral service in Erie for over 60 years. In 1978 he expanded his business to the Downtown Erie area with the purchase of the former Melzer Funeral Home at 536 West 10th Street.

His legacy continues today through the dedicated service of his daughter Nancy. For over 30 years, Nancy has built upon the Dusckas reputation of excellence in our community. Along with John E. "Jack" Martin, they have extended the Dusckas tradition to families in Erie's West Side and Millcreek Township, with the opening of the Dusckas-Martin Funeral Home and Crematory, Inc. on Sterrettania Road.

The Dusckas tradition continues as the next chapter in our history is being written by a new generation. Dusckas-Taylor Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Inc. (located in beautiful Harborcreek Township) is Erie County's newest, state-of-the-art funeral home. At Dusckas-Taylor, our staff stands ready to provide the same level of dedication and compassionate guidance that have become the hallmark of Dusckas service.  

The funeral directors and staff of Dusckas-Taylor Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Inc. are committed to this heritage of compassionate service. May it comfort every family to know they may continue to rely on the Dusckas steadfast tradition of honesty, sincerity and understanding so that future generations may depend upon us for every experienced help that human hands can give.